What are the values of cancer research? Acting with integrity: We promote an open and honest environment that gives credit and acknowledges mistakes, so that our actions stand up to scrutiny. Valuing all our people: We value the contribution of all our people, help them reach their full potential, and treat everyone with kindness and respect.
What are the 3 goals of cancer treatment?
Cancer treatments may be used as:
- Primary treatment. The goal of a primary treatment is to completely remove the cancer from your body or kill all the cancer cells.
- Adjuvant treatment.
- Palliative treatment.
What are the 4 goals of cancer treatment?
- Curative therapy to kill all cancer cells.
- Adjuvant therapy which targets cells left after surgery to prevent recurrences.
- Neoadjuvant therapy to shrink tumors before surgery.
- Palliative therapy to give relief when not possible to remove all tumor cells.
What is the main objective of most cancer treatment drugs? Control. If a cure is not possible, the goal of cancer treatment may be to control the disease. In these cases, chemo is used to shrink tumors and/or stop the cancer from growing and spreading. This can help the person with cancer feel better and live longer.