What are 3 facts about cancer?
- 10 million people die from cancer every year.
- At least one third of common cancers are preventable.
- Cancer is the second-leading cause of death worldwide.
- 70% of cancer deaths occur in low-to-middle income countries.
What are some fun facts about cancer?
- The word ‘cancer’ comes from the Latin for ‘crab’ – just like the zodiac sign.
- Cancer was first described by the ancient Egyptians.
- There are more skin cancer cases due to indoor tanning than lung cancer cases due to smoking.
- More than half of all cancers are preventable.
Which cancer has the most research?
|Rank||Cancer||% of all cancers|
What is an interesting fact about cancer cells? Cancer cell growth is different from normal cell growth. Instead of dying, cancer cells continue to grow and form new, abnormal cells. Cancer cells can also invade (grow into) other tissues, something that normal cells cannot do. Growing out of control and invading other tissues are what makes a cell a cancer cell.