Is Cancer Research Institute legitimate? The Cancer Research Institute (CRI) is a top-rated 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (EIN: 13-1837442) that upholds the highest standards of fiscal responsibility, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
What are the 4 types of cancer?
- Carcinomas. A carcinoma begins in the skin or the tissue that covers the surface of internal organs and glands.
- Sarcomas. A sarcoma begins in the tissues that support and connect the body.
- Leukemias. Leukemia is a cancer of the blood.
Where does cancer start in the body? Cancer can start almost anywhere in the human body, which is made up of trillions of cells. Normally, human cells grow and multiply (through a process called cell division) to form new cells as the body needs them. When cells grow old or become damaged, they die, and new cells take their place.
What are the five types of cancer?
- Carcinoma. This type of cancer affects organs and glands, such as the lungs, breasts, pancreas and skin.
- Sarcoma. This cancer affects soft or connective tissues, such as muscle, fat, bone, cartilage or blood vessels.