How do you survive cancer emotionally?
- Talk to someone who is not a family member.
- Continue with daily activities, but modify if necessary.
- Plan ahead.
- Find support that works for you.
- Balance in-person and online support.
- Tap your community.
- Reach out.
How do you calm down after cancer diagnosis?
- Keep the lines of communication open. Maintain honest, two-way communication with your loved ones, doctors and others after your cancer diagnosis.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. This can improve your energy level.
- Let friends and family help you.
- Review your goals and priorities.
- Fight stigmas.
How do cancer patients deal with stress?
- Exercise regularly. Moderate exercise such as a 30-minute walk several times a week can help lower stress.
- Spend time outside.
- Schedule social activities.
- Eat well.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Join a support group.
- Schedule daily relaxing time.
- Do things you enjoy.
How do you deal with a family struggling with cancer?
- Give advice only when you are asked.
- Educate yourself about cancer.
- Support your loved one’s treatment decisions.
- Remember the caregiver.
- Stay connected.
- Keep things normal.